Thank you so much to Darina for nominating me for this award. I always love to read her wonderfully written posts, so do check out her blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you;
- Write a post to show your award;
- Give a brief story of how your blog started;
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers;
- Select 5-10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
HOW MY BLOG STARTED
Books have have almost always been a part of my life, and I have been writing regularly for a long time, so I first began Stephen Writes in 2016 in order to extend my love of both of these things, and describe my thoughts on various types of literature.
At first I did not post very regularly, and it was only really at the start of this year where I decided to make a fresh start with blogging. Since then I have learned so much, developing the confidence to share my thoughts and ideas on books, and write about them in an informed way.
Starting on my blog has added to my aspiration to be a published author, and I hope to use it to continue improving my writing skills and experience. It is also a way for me to be creative, and share my love of literature in many different ways.
MY ADVICE TO NEW BLOGGERS
This is where I forget everything about blogging…
1. Interact with the blogging community. It took me a long time to discover the blogging community, but once I did I found it was a truly incredible thing to be part of. Everyone is so welcoming and supportive, and they help to make blogging more fun and more worthwhile. Along with WordPress, Twitter is another great place to connect with other bloggers.
2. Be yourself. When I first started blogging, my style was quite formal and not very engaging. I worked hard at changing that, and now I feel much more at ease when writing on my blog. So I guess the best advice is write confidently and to blog in a way that reflects your personality, and always be honest!
Thank you for reading!