December would not be complete without doing the the Naughty or Nice tag, which was created by the wonderful, award-winning blogger that is Jenniely.
Last year I finished with a score of six out of 20, which put me in the nice category. Let’s take a look and see, with the same questions, if I can still claim to be a bastion of good bookish behaviour!
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it ✅
I finally joined Netgalley this year and that made me eligible to fail at this one. Lo and behold, I have! It is just the one, but my excuse is having too many other books to read.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
I have only used Netgalley sparingly, but I have managed to maintain a feedback rating of 80%, so I do not fail here!
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
I was never likely to fail at this, as I usually write my reviews on Goodreads first and then post them on my blog after adding a few extra thoughts.
4. Folded down the page of a book
I never do this, and I was not about to start in 2020 🙂
5. Accidentally spilled on a book ✅
Yes, I am sorry to say that some liquid did manage to find its way on to a book once or twice this year!
6. DNF a book this year
Another year gone, and I still don’t DNF. I nearly did once back in May, but decided to keep going.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
When I buy a book I always intend to read it, so no.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) ✅
The number of nights in which I stayed awake with a book, when I had work the following day…no wonder I often feel tired!
That is, word for word, the exact same answer I gave to this question last year. It all still applies!
9. Skim read a book ✅
Yes, there were definitely a few books I skim read over the course of the year. I try not to, but some do get a little dense and slow-moving.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
I am pleased to say that I totally aced my Goodreads goal! I set myself a target of 52, and reached it in October.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it ✅
I always return books in the end, but the odd library fine did occur this year. It was only because I reached the limit of how many times I was allowed to renew a particular book!
12. Broke a book buying ban
I have not placed myself under any ‘official’ book buying bans in 2020. I probably should though, as I have bought a lot of books – blame the new releases!
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
I have a good memory for books, so even though I leave a little bit of time now before writing reviews, I always remember what it was about.
Some of my immediate thoughts after finishing the book may not make it into the review, but that is all.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading
I don’t like writing in books, so there was never any danger of being on the naughty list for that.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
No, I update my Goodreads regularly and make sure I remember to add each book.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
I don’t think I borrowed a book from anyone this year…
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
Nobody has asked me if they could borrow one of my books, so no.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
No! I’m not such a terrible person!
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
I have stopped removing the dust jackets from books while I read now. The only thing that could damage them slightly is my bookmark.
But anyway, no I have not done this.
20. Sat on a book accidentally ✅
Yes, I think I have! But no lasting damage…;)
FINAL SCORE: 6/20
Exactly the same score as in 2019, so that still has me on the nice list!
Anyone who wants to have a go at the tag! I love reading these posts, so am looking forward to more during December.
Happy reading 🙂