I hope you are all having a great week.
It is time for another tag, and I would like to say thank you so much to Jess for tagging me for the Outstanding Blogger Award. I am really excited for this one, and to be described as an outstanding blogger does feel quite flattering! By the way, you should definitely take a look at Jess’ blog if you haven’t already. Her posts are excellent and always well thought out, and she is an all-round lovely person.
- Have the link to the creator’s original award post
- Answer the questions provided
- Create 7 unique questions
- Nominate 10 other bloggers. Neither the award’s creator nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award
Questions from Jess:
- What was your reason for starting your blog, and does it still follow the same structure now?
I started my blog at first because I wanted a place online where I could write all about the things I am interested in, with more of a focus on books and literature in general.
A lot of my posts then were quite spontaneous back then and I did not stick to any sort of schedule, but at the start of 2018 I decided to focus solely on books and it has gone from there. There are many more reasons now why I keep blogging – to enhance my writing skills, the amazing book blogging community, and as such it has become a big part of my life.
- What is your favourite non-blogging activity?
Does reading count?! If so, then that would of course be it. If not, then there are a lot of different interests that I could choose from. I would say my favourite ones are learning and visiting new places.
- Which of your blog posts is your favourite, and why?
In February I wrote an in-depth discussion post about all the different types of narrators in books, and I was really pleased with how it turned out. That is probably my favourite post away from my reviews. It led to some interesting thoughts being shared in the comments, too!
- What takes the top spot on your list of things that shouldn’t be annoying but really are?
This is a really good question and one which I have spent a lot of time thinking about. Things that come to mind include YouTube ads that you cannot skip, and arguments about how to pronounce the word ‘scone’ (honestly, this argument has taken place numerous times in my household), but the one that probably tops the list are telephone answering machines where you have to speak to a computerised voice instead of a real person.
- 2020 really hasn’t been the best year, but can you share something great that happened to you?
I became a homeowner! After a process that lasted 10 months, I managed to buy a flat and it still seems surreal to say that I own it. I still live with my family for the time being, but it will not be long until I move in and with it, gain that little bit of independence. It is only a 45-minute walk from where we live, so I’m not running too far away!
- If you let someone borrow a book and they returned it with dog ears how would you react?
I’m certainly not a fan of dog-earing pages, but I am generally quite a forgiving sort of person so while I would be a tiny bit frustrated at first, I would not hold a grudge for any length of time. However, I might think twice before letting that person borrow another book from me!
- Which book genre do you rarely (if ever) read, and why?
I read lots of different genres, but one that I often stay away from is sci-fi. As well as it not really my thing, I worry sometimes that if I did pick one up I would find it too complex or a bit of a struggle to connect with. That’s not to say I won’t try it more in the future!
Is there a particular genre that you feel you should read more of?
What is your favourite book-to-film adaptation?
We have spent a lot of time at home in 2020. Have you found (or rediscovered) any new activities that you enjoy doing?
Which writing or blogging achievement are you most proud of?
What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
Are you able to finish a book in one sitting?
Which of your 2020 reads has the most beautiful cover?
No pressure at all to do the tag!
Happy reading 🙂