We are just past the middle of summer here in the UK, so it is the perfect time for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much to Megan for tagging me. I discovered Megan’s blog a few months ago and I really enjoy her posts, so I would recommend that you check them out.
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring (I hope that I fit in to one of those categories lol). Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
• Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
• Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
• Nominate other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
• Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
- What or who inspired you to start a blog?
I have always enjoyed writing, especially about the things that I am interested in or passionate about, so starting a blog felt like the natural progression. I guess that I just wanted a place where I could share all of that with others, but I never expected it to be so rewarding.
- What book do you think is completely underrated?
I find this one quite a hard question, but looking at average ratings on Goodreads, I am surprised that The Miniaturist only has a rating of 3.60. It is not absolutely perfect, but in my opinion it’s a fantastic book that is worthy of a higher score.
- What do you like most about the book community?
Being a part of the book community has introduced me to so many amazing people and I have made a lot of really good friends. I love that everyone is so kind and supportive, and also very inclusive. It is probably my favourite thing about being a book blogger.
- What’s your favourite book to TV/film adaptation?
I really liked the film adaptations of The Book Thief , The Hate U Give, and Gone Girl. Indeed, I have always felt that Gone Girl was better than the book, which is something you rarely see. As for television, I loved the first series of His Dark Materials that was on last year and am very excited for the next one.
- What superpower would you like to have and why?
Teleportation. I would just love to have the means to travel to more places and go wherever I like, when I like.
- What makes you happy, apart from books?
Among other things: Writing, helping others, learning, nice food (especially if it involves pasta 😉), talking with friends, and feeling organised.
- What’s a goal you have set for yourself this year?
My Goodreads target for this year was 52 and I am very much on track. As I type, I have currently read 36, which I am really happy with. My other main target was to read more diversely. So far that has gone fairly well, but I could still do better.
- What character would you pick to spend a day with?
- Where’s your favourite place to read?
During the summer I love to read outside, and the gardens at the University of Bristol where I work, are the perfect place to do that. The gardens are beautiful and I always go there when I can. Otherwise, any comfy seat would do!
- What’s been your favourite read of 2020 so far?
Anyone who has read my posts over the last few months will know that my favourite book of the year so far is Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. It will take something very special to top that in the remainder of 2020.
- Is there a book you always recommend to people and why?For this one I would have to say The Hate U Give. I think it is the kind of book that everyone should read. It is extremely powerful and relevant for one thing, but it is also brilliantly written with very well developed and authentic characters.
- How would you describe your blog in just one sentence?
- What are your favourite blog posts to write?
- Of all the books you own, which one has the nicest cover?
- Do you have any reading goals for 2020? If so, how are you getting on?
- Do you prefer standalone books or those with sequels?
- Which country or place would you most like to visit?
- If you were stranded on a desert island with only one book, which one would it be?
- Which book do you always find yourself recommending to people?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- Would you ever consider writing a book?
- What makes you decide that you want to read a book (synopsis, cover, positive reviews etc)?
Of course, there is no obligation for you to do this tag, but I would love to read your answers!
Happy reading 🙂