It is time for an award tag post! A number of months ago I was nominated by Darina, one of my best book blogging friends. Thank you so much, Darina! Make sure you give her a follow, as her posts are always wonderfully written.
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
• Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
• Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
• Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
• Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
1. How and when did you get into blogging?
I began this blog in its current form at the start of 2018, but I had been into blogging for some time before that. I set up my first, long forgotten blog in 2013.
What made me start blogging originally was my love of writing, but to begin with I had very little idea what I was doing. I feel like I have learned a lot since then!
2. Are there any films that you thought were better than the book?
There are very few films which I have felt were better than the book, but one of them was Gone Girl. I know this might be an unpopular opinion…
While I enjoyed the book, there were times where I felt it was just too long-winded. The film makes the story more concise, which I think worked better.
3. Paperbacks, hardbacks or ebooks?
I read in all three of these formats, but my favourite one has to be paperbacks. I love the aesthetics and the feel of them, in particular the smoothness of the cover!
4. Do you exchange books with family and/or friends?
Not really. Apart from my cousin, who reads a wide range of genres, most of my family don’t read the same kind of books as I do. However, I do often recommend books to some of my work colleagues.
5. Which setting of a book was so vivid that you still recall today?
The obvious answer for me is Hogwarts, but apart from that I would have to say Katherine Arden’s portrayal of medieval Russia in the Winternight Trilogy.
I love it when a setting brings so much to a story, and becomes almost like another character. It significantly adds to my enjoyment of book.
6. Which character can you imagine becoming your best friend if they were real?
The name that keeps coming to my mind for this question is Luna Lovegood. She is wonderful and quirky and I could just imagine myself getting along very well with her!
7. Do you prefer standalone books or those with sequels?
I really like both, but if I had to choose one I would say books with sequels. A lot of my favourites fall within a series!
8. Is there a time of year or certain periods when you read more?
I spend a lot of my free time reading all year round, but I probably read the most during the summer, because I am often less busy, and also I am able to read outside.
9. Share one of your favourite quotes of the book you are currently reading or have just finished reading.
“Books are magical. When you read, it unlocks your potential of your imagination, transporting you anywhere, anytime. It is remarkable.”
10. Do you ever skip to the last chapter to find out what happens?
11. What is your favourite thing about the book blogging community?
I just love how friendly and supportive everyone is. When I began my book blog I felt like a bit of an impostor, but now I feel like I am genuinely part of a community. I have made some fantastic friends, who I am extremely grateful for.
I am writing this post in a hurry, and very bad of thinking of questions for these tags – not a good combination! Therefore I shall use some of Darina’s questions, and some of my previous Sunshine Blogger questions.
- How much time do you spend blogging?
- Are you a planner or a go with the flow, type of person?
- Are there any films that you thought were better than the book?
- When in dire situations, what/who keeps you going?
- How would you describe your blog in just one sentence?
- Of all the books you own, which one has the nicest cover?
- Which country or place would you most like to visit?
- What do you think is the most challenging thing about being a book blogger?
- What are your favourite type of blog posts to write?
- Share one of your favourite quotes of the book you are currently reading or have just finished reading.
- What is your favourite thing about the book blogging community?
I don’t think I will nominate 11 people for this as I think a lot of us have done this tag already. But I shall nominate these wonderful bloggers!