It feels like a long time since I last did one of these award tags. What I can certainly say is that is ages since Meher nominated me for this. Thank you so much, Meher! Do check out her wonderful blog!
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My Answers to Meher’s Questions:
What’s the one thing you like about this blogging community?
There are lots of things that I like about the blogging community, but if I had to choose one it would that everyone is so supportive of each other’s blogs, and it has enabled me to make a lot of friends.
How would you describe your blog in just one sentence?
A place where I enjoyably write honest, in-depth book reviews and share my love of reading in many different ways.
Does your blog specifically aim at something? If yes then, what?
I have several different aims for my blog. The first and most significant is to make sure that it reflects me as a person and that every post I publish is honest and well thought out.
It is also a way for me to continue improving at writing book reviews and poetry, and discuss reading as an overall topic. Blogging is great fun!
What’s your favourite junk meal?
I like to think that my diet is fairly healthy, but I do like pizza!
Do you read? If yes, what’s the last book you read?
I read lots, as most of you will know! The last book I read was Give Me The Child by Mel McGrath, a very nuanced psychological thriller. You can read my review here.
According to you, what can we (as common citizens) do to make this world a better place to live in?
Support and promote equality and positive values, and make our own contribution towards trying to prevent climate change.
How would you define the word ‘peace’ (in your own words)?
A state of perfect balance and calm where there is no disturbance or conflict.
Do you think it is important to have a purpose in life or do you think there cannot be a specific purpose to life at all?
I don’t think there necessarily are specific purposes in life, but there are things in the short-term and long-term that we aim to achieve, which can eventually amount to something like an overarching goal. I hope that makes sense!
Which of these would you choose – to travel the world or to visit the moon? Why?
I would prefer to travel the world, there are so many places that I really want to visit! There’s less to do on the moon 🙂
When in dire situations, what/who keeps you going?
Good question! I would say my friends, and doing the things that I enjoy doing.
What improvisations would you like to make in your blog (if any)?
I do not spend much time customising the look or layout of my blog, so perhaps that could use a bit of work. I also need to set aside some time to arrange all of my posts into more relevant categories.
My Questions to my nominees
- What inspired you to decide to start a blog?
- Where is your favourite place to read?
- What do you think is the most challenging thing about being a book blogger?
- Do you like to plan, or are you more of a spontaneous person?
- What are your favourite blog posts to write?
- Tea or coffee?
- Which country or place would you most like to visit?
- Do you have any reading goals for 2019?
- What was your last 5-star read?
- What is your favourite day of the week?
- Of all the books you own, which one has the nicest cover?
Happy reading 🙂