I was recently tagged by Shaz for this challenge. Thank you so much, Shaz! It looks like a really interesting and fun tag to do, so here goes…
There is just one rule:
You have to pick ONE GENRE that you frequently read about… and then, you can’t use ANY books from that genre while answering the questions!
The genre I read the most is mystery/thriller, and at the outset it feels like it might be difficult not to immediately think of these books upon reading the questions!
1. A Book That Is An Exception When It Comes To Genres Or Elements You Don’t Typically Like
I don’t normally go for science-fiction, but this book was recommended to me a few years ago and I quite liked it. The writing style was witty and fast-paced, while the plot was creative and absorbing.
2. A Book You Enjoyed From A Genre You Previously Held Some Stigma Against
Time for a major book blogger confession! It took me a VERY long time to start reading YA, because I partly convinced myself I probably would not like the genre.
I could hardly have been more wrong – after reading The Fault In Our Stars and loving it, I had read and enjoyed loads more YA!
3. A Book You Didn’t Know Was Out Of Your Comfort Zone Until You Started Reading It
This is an autobiographical novel with a unique writing style, and I didn’t like it one bit. As well as being distinctly uninteresting, the quality of the writing was poor and I skimmed through most of it.
4. Pick A Friend Who Motivates You To Pick Up Books You Might Not Normally Be Interested In – Is There A Book They Convinced You To Give A Try?
I don’t read much non-fiction anymore, but my friend Gem suggested this book as one that we could buddy read. I really liked it – as well as being beautifully written, the story it tells is remarkable.
5. A Book That Is Out of Your Comfort Zone, But You Would Like to Read
The idea behind this book sounds so intriguing! I have read a lot of interesting thoughts on it, and I am fascinated to see how Elizabeth Acevedo combines poetry with storytelling.
6. A Book/Genre So Outside Of Your Comfort Zone That You’ll Probably Never Give It A Chance
I think it is unlikely that I will read much romance, but I certainly don’t think I will ever read erotica.
Happy reading 🙂