It is time for a festive tag! Thank you so much to Misty for tagging me for this one. I have enjoyed reading these posts, so am looking forward to answering the questions!
- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link me/this post – Jenn
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people!
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it
I don’t actually use NetGalley (I plan to start soon), so have hardly read any ARCs. But I have written reviews for each of the few free copies I have received this year.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
This one does not apply to me because as stated above, I don’t use NetGalley yet!
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) ✅
In July I read a book called The Missy Chronicles and reviewed it on Goodreads. I promised to post a longer review on my blog, but never did!
4. Folded down the page of a book
No I never do this. 🙂
5. Accidentally spilled on a book
No. I often have a cup of tea with me while I read, but I don’t think any of it has escaped on to the pages of a book!
6. DNF a book this year ✅
I hardly ever DNF books, in the hope that it would get better. But I did do it once this year. The characters were unlikable and I really didn’t like the writing style.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
When I buy a book I always intend to read it, so no.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)
I don’t think so. I read as often as I can, but not really to procrastinate!
9. Skim read a book ✅
I usually like to take in each and every word, but there were a couple of books this year that I found uninteresting and ended up skim reading some passages.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
I managed to pass my reading target a while ago. I set myself a target of 45 books, which I thought was ambitious at the time, but am almost finished on No. 60.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it
I have always returned books, although I have been close to missing one or two library deadlines!
12. Broke a book buying ban
I don’t set myself book buying bans, although I do take care before spending too much!
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about ✅
I had this problem a lot at the start of the year and it made writing the reviews a lot more difficult! For that reason I now try to write reviews ASAP after finishing the book.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading ✅
I did a buddy read in the summer where we decided to annotate the book. That was an exception – I don’t usually like to write in books.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
No, I update my Goodreads regularly and make sure I remember to add each book.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
I don’t borrow books from my friends, only the library 🙂
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
Nobody has asked me if they could borrow one of my books, so no.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
No! I would never be so cruel!
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
I often remove the jacket from a book, but I haven’t damaged any of them afterwards!
20. Sat on a book accidentally
No. Luckily I have avoided that!
FINAL SCORE: 5/20
No pressure to do this tag, but if you do decide to do it, I would love to read your answers.
Happy reading 🙂