I have seen this challenge on other blogs and it looked a lot of fun, so I really wanted to give it a go. A lot of people I know say that I have a good memory, so that also made this an interesting challenge!
You must answer these questions without looking anything up on the internet and without looking at your bookshelves!!
1. Name a book written by an author called Michael.
Michael Morpurgo was the first author I could think of for this, and War Horse is his most well-known and most loved book. It is a wonderful, emotional story, too.
2. Name a book with a dragon on the cover.
I have read this book too many times not to remember its cover!!!
3. Name a book about a character called George.
As a child, I read all of Roald Dahl’s books several times over. This one was not one of my absolute favourites, but it’s definitely memorable!
4. Name a book written by an author with the surname Smith.
I have never read this book, but this is the first thing that came into my head. Also, I cannot think of the title of any book by Wilbur Smith 😉
5. Name a book set in Australia.
Does non-fiction count?! This was the only book I could think of that takes place in Australia…
6. Name a book with the name of a month in the title.
This was a tricky one, but I eventually remembered there was a famous book called March!
7. Name a book with a knife on the cover.
This was the only book that came to my head. I can think of lots of books with swords on the cover, but hardly any with knives!
8. Name a book with the word ‘one’ in the title.
This is a very memorable book because of its unique format. It is powerful, funny, and highly character-driven.
9. Name a book with a eponymous title.
A lot of Charles Dickens’ books had eponymous titles. I could have chosen Oliver Twist, Nicolas Nickelby or Barnaby Rudge, but I went for David Copperfield.
10. Name a book turned into a movie.
I could have chosen almost anything for this question, but I loved the movie adaptation of The Book Thief. Such a wonderful story.
Anyone who wants to have a go at this challenge!