First of all I would like to thank Merv, of Merv Reads for nominating me and tagging me. It was a really lovely surprise! Please do click the link to see her One Lovely Blogger Award post!
Most of the facts coming up will be book-related. Coming up with seven interesting and random facts about me is kind of difficult, so I have set out to combine the two!
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award;
- Share seven facts about yourself;
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and inform them.
Seven Facts About Me
- Long books freak me out. As someone who loves reading, this is kind of ironic, but whenever I think about reading a really long book I worry about how long it would take me to read it, so I don’t often go over 400-450 pages.
- The only fantasy I read is Harry Potter. I am a total Harry Potter fanatic, but I have never really been able to engage with any other fantasy books, such as Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire). I just don’t find those as interesting or as (pardon the pun) magical.
- I hardly read books by male authors. Thinking about it, the only male author I read often is John Green. I guess I just like the writing styles of female authors better, or maybe they seem to do more psychological/domestic thrillers, which are my favourite genre.
- I obsess over bookish quotes. Every time I see any kind of tweet, picture or gif about books which contains a quote, I can’t get enough of it.
- I like writing poetry. I don’t always get the time to do it often, but what I love about poetry is that it is flexible and allows me to be creative with words. I have also written some especially for this blog.
- Me and my brother are reading opposites. I love reading. He hates reading. I read most of the time. He never reads. How does that work? Well, at least I get all the books to myself 😉
- I like to take part in quizzes. I am kind of obsessed by facts, and so take part in a lot of general knowledge quizzes. I can be quite competitive!
Here are the 15 amazing bloggers I would like to nominate:
- A Novel Adventure 2. I Wish I Lived in a Library 3. Bitchin’ in the Kitchen
4. Alex Reads and Blogs 5. bookmarkchronicles 6. Lili’s Blissful Pages
7. OwlBeSatReading 8. Nut Free Nerd 9. Writing Wolves
10. Amiiie’s Books 11. Glimpsing Gembles 12. Victorian Soul Critique
13. Books-and-Dachshunds 14. Bound to Writing 15. ChocolatePages
If you have done this already, it would be great if you can leave a link to it below. Thank you!